People struggling with addiction often lack the confidence or communication skills to form relationships with other people. By no means is this always the fault of the person in recovery. Our society stigmatizes those with special challenges, even though blind prejudice rather than fact underlies most of these misperceptions.
- Acceptance and love from a faithful companion.
- Comfort and happiness from positive interactions.
- Stress reduction that leads to lower blood pressure.
- Encouragement to exercise and to spend more time outside.
- Motivation to recover from illnesses and other challenges.
Of course, choosing a pet requires thought and preparation. In this post we'll focus on the things you should consider when taking this important step. These tips will help to ensure both you and your new friend have many happy times together.Read More